sked

sked

Monday 19 January 2015

Some recent work

Well this is my first post of the year.
I've been a little bit busy with a few commissions but also managed to make a few new spoons,

The first one is a nice big ladle from Horse Chestnut. I managed to get hold of a few nice bent branches big enough for some nice spoons.






There was a big knot on the handle which at the time I was going to either remove or leave. I decided to leave it and do a free form chip carving of a flower and leaf design.

The second is made from Birch.
I'm pleased with this one!



This spoon is a sort of remake of a design of a spoon we have used in the kitchen for years. It's the spoon my wife likes to use for most things in the kitchen.


It's a cooking spoon come scoop that works with everything from turning pancakes to stirring soup.


2 comments:

  1. Wood carving is an art. I just have to say that keep up the good work and keep sharing more interesting designs with us. This looks perfectly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented. I really wonder how did you manage to make wooden spoons yourself. But its nice pattern of spoons.

    ReplyDelete