sked

sked

Monday 7 October 2013

Some recent Cherry spoons and my new carving knife.

I recently got myself a new carving knife, its a Svante Djarv 16x 80 sloyd knife. Now I am a big fan of the Frosts 106 and I have been using them for years now so changing over to another is a big deal for me, I have tried other various blades over the years but always come back to my old 106.














I must say that I am impressed with my new blade and I have been using it for a few weeks now carving eating spoons from some very nice Cherry wood from the log pile.

Svante makes fantastic tools and I am a big fan of his axes and gouges and his knifes are very good too.


















In this photo the tip of the blade is in slight shadow its not chipped.
I found the angle of the blade towards the tip of the blade tricky to get used to after using the 106 which has a lot less of a curve. Other than that I am liking using it alot.
Heres some pics of my spoons that I have been making, I've been in production mode and have been concentrating on spoon ergornomics, mainly in the handle design and how fuctional and comfortable it is.































These are made just using my axe and my two knives, my straight knife and crook knife.


1 comment:

  1. Thx for great article. Also if you want some cool DIY projects visit 16000 woodworking plans website.

    ReplyDelete